What Causes Pain Across the Top of the Foot?

How is pain on top of the foot diagnosed?

If you’re experiencing chronic foot pain across the top of your foot, you may want to see a podiatrist, especially if the pain is so severe that you can’t walk. During a scheduled appointment, your doctor will examine your foot, paying close attention to signs and symptoms that indicate a foot issue. At this time, they may apply pressure to the affected area or ask you to walk or perform foot exercises to test the range of motion of your foot. The doctor may also ask you about any recent injuries or activities that led to your foot pain.

After an evaluation, your doctor may request blood tests, an MRI, or an X-ray, depending on the condition they’re trying to identify. For example, a blood test can identify gout, an MRI can detect nerve damage, and an X-ray can spot a fracture or bone spurs.

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.